COVID SAFE: Ticketing Terms & Conditions
The Civic Theatre is a registered COVIDSafe business and has developed a COVID-19 safe plan in conjunction with the City of Newcastle Emergency Response Team and in line with the Government guidelines. The Civic Theatre team will monitor the movements, attendance numbers, compliance, and comfort levels of the public. Front of House staff will be onsite to assist patrons.
Patrons acknowledge that while the Venue has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, patrons enter the Venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the Venue regarding health outcomes.
As we continue to do all we can to further limit the transmission of COVID-19 in our communities, the Civic Theatre and The Playhouse will open its door to the public from 27 July 2020 in a staged process.
Please read the following terms and conditions, which are in addition to the regular Terms and Conditions, prior to purchasing your tickets.
- You will receive a booking confirmation once you have completed your purchase
- Tickets will be issued in a digital PDF format and will be sent via email to the ticket purchaser, not individuals, 48 hours prior to event, along with your table number
- Customers must either print their PDF ticket/s or ensure their ticket/s are available on their phones
- Valid photo ID is required by the purchaser to gain entry to the Venue
- No tickets will be mailed or held for collection at the Venue
- Tickets will not be available for purchase on the night
- If you are unwell, please stay at home. You will be entitled to a full refund.
- Seating will be allocated by the venue based on the size of the group, time of booking and venue configuration, to allow compliance with current physical distancing requirements
At the Event
- The customer is responsible for having their ticket/s available on their phone or printed out, clearly visible, for checking at the door. Tickets will not be reprinted at the Venue
- Customers must not attend a performance if they are sick, if they have been overseas, or to an area where NSW Health has declared a COVID-19 hotspot within the previous fortnight. In this instance, a full refund will be provided
- Refunds or exchange of tickets will be available to any customer who has developed any COVID-19 symptoms after the purchase of tickets, or who has come into contact with anyone who is symptomatic or is a confirmed case
- Customers may be asked health screening questions on arrival to the Venue
- Customers agree to abide by all physical distancing, health protocols and the Venue’s COVIDSafe plan
- Customers agree to follow the instructions of Venue staff at all times
- If customers do not comply with protocols, or authorised requests, they will be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse