Civic Theatre Ticketing Terms and Conditions
“we”, “us” and “our” means Newcastle City Council as the operator of the Civic Theatre (‘Civic Theatre’)
“you” and “your” means the purchaser of Tickets.
Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. You must not purchase a ticket unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
APPLICATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By purchasing a ticket through Civic Theatre you acknowledge and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- Civic Theatre provides ticketing services, including the sale and distribution of tickets, as agent for the venue, promoter or person responsible (the Presenter’)for, the service, event or performance (‘the Event’) for which the ticket is sold or issued. The name of the Presenter and the venue to which your ticket relates is usually shown on the front of the ticket and is also available from the Civic Theatre ticket office. In addition, the Civic Theatre may be the Presenter of an Event and sell and issue tickets on its own behalf in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Tickets sold or issued by us are also sold subject to any additional terms and conditions of the Seller for the particular event (“Presenter’s Terms”). The Presenter’s Terms may be disclosed as part of the event information available from the Civic Theatre’s ticket office at the time of purchase or on request.
- The Presenter may add, withdraw or substitute artists (including the opening act/s) or vary advertised programs, performance times, venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these changes, except as provided for in the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing practice – Consumer Code (‘LPA Code’)or as required by law.
- Where it is not presenting the Event, Civic Theatre has no control over, or liability for, the performance of the Event, except where Civic Theatre is at fault or where you have a legal right against Civic Theatre under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Your entry to the venue will also be governed by the venue’s conditions of entry. These are available from the Civic Theatre ticket office or from the venue itself.
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate the LPA Code, which sets out a nationally recognised code of conduct for the sale of tickets to live events. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is not consistent with the LPA Code, these Terms and Conditions will apply. [link]
The City of Newcastle is subject to, and complies with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission by ticket holders to a venue or Event or remove any person from a venue or Event at any time without prior notice.
PRICING AND CONCESSIONS
- Ticket prices are set by the Presenter. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST. Your ticket is a tax invoice.
- Transaction and booking fees may apply to your ticket purchase, these are published on the Civic Theatre website as a guide only. The transaction and booking fees may be changed without notice from time to time at our discretion.
- You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you hold or have express permission of the holder of any credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
- We reserve the right to introduce or cancel discounts and to make other price changes, including changes to transaction and booking fees, without notice. Accordingly, the price of tickets will be the price set out on our website or notified to you (if you order by telephone or in person) at the time you place your order for a ticket or tickets for the Event .
- You must claim any discount to which you think you are entitled at the time of ordering your tickets, as discounts cannot be applied retrospectively. Any Discounts and special offers around the purchase of tickets may be limited by the the Civic Theatre at its absolute discretion.
- Concession rates available to certain persons at the time an order is placed may vary according to the Event, so please check with the ticket office when booking if you have any queries. Some Presenters do not offer any concession rates.
- The Civic Theatre supports the official Companion Card program which is available for all Events unless specified otherwise. A valid Companion Card or Companion Card number must be produced to the Civic Theatre when requesting access to the Companion Card Scheme Program.
- Where an Event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated you may be entitled at law or under the LPA Code to a refund. Neither Civic Theatre nor the Presenter will reimburse you for any amount beyond the face value of the ticket together with any transaction or booking fee paid at the time of ticket purchase.
- If an Event is cancelled due to government restrictions, act of God, natural disaster, pandemic, extreme adverse weather or for any other cause reasonably beyond the Civic Theatre’s control, you are not entitled to a refund or exchange, and Civic Theatre is not obliged to reschedule the Event. If you have not paid for your ticket in full at the time of cancellation under this clause, you will not be required to make payment of any balance outstanding on the costs of the ticket or tickets at the time of cancellation.
- Subject to availability, and at the discretion of the Civic Theatre you may exchange purchased tickets for another performance of the same Event, up to 24 hours before the commencement of the Event. An exchange fee will apply to any exchange as set by the Civic Theatre at its discretion from time to time.
- If an exchange is for ticketed seats at an Event of a lower price, we will not refund the difference between the Ticket prices to you. An exchange for ticketed seats at an Event of a higher price must be accompanied by payment of the outstanding balance. You must return original tickets to us before the exchange will be processed. Any transaction fees charged in connection with your purchase of the original tickets will also be retained by us.
- Where tickets are lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed, we may, at Civic Theatres absolute discretion, charge an administration fee to issue a replacement ticket or tickets and we may require proof of identity and purchase, prior to issuing a replacement ticket or tickets. We may refuse to provide replacement tickets where tickets are for general admission rather than allocated seating.
- Subscribers to the Civic Theatre Season in good standing (Subscribers) may also exchange a ticket or tickets for another Event within the relevant subscription season (a Subscription Show). No exchange fee or additional transaction fee will apply to exchanges by Subscribers in accordance with this clause. If the exchange by the Subscriber is for tickets for another Subscription Show at a lower price, the balance will be held and can be applied by the Subscriber to the cost of another Subscription Show at a future time. If the exchange by the Subscriber is for tickets to another Subscription Show at a higher price, the difference in the cost between the exchanged ticket or tickets must be paid by the Subscriber at the time of exchange.
- In NSW there are laws that prohibit ticket resellers selling a ticket for profit. If you have purchased a ticket sold illegally, we may not recognise the ticket and you may be refused entry. If you are considering purchasing a re-sold ticket, read this information from Fair Trading first. [link]
- The Civic Theatre may, at its absolute discretion, accept tickets from purchasers for re-sale through the Civic Theatre ticket office. The original ticket/s must be returned to us and we may require proof of identity and purchase. We cannot guarantee that any ticket/s offered for re-sale will find a new purchaser and we reserve the right to sell other tickets to that Event before we attempt to sell your ticket or tickets.
- If we are not able to sell your ticket/s, you will not receive a refund. If we do re-sell your ticket/s, you will receive a credit voucher to the value of the ticket/s, less a re-sale fee as set by Civic Theatre at its discretion from time to time. To ask for a ticket re-sale through the Civic Theatre, contact the ticket office supervisor.
- If you wish to transfer your ticket/s into someone else’s name, please contact us by email or telephone at least 24 hours before the start of the Event. The transfer of tickets from the purchaser to a third party is only permitted with the agreement of the Civic Theatre and may not be possible in every instance. We will do our best to accommodate the change.
- We may, where in the reasonable opinion of the Civic Theatre, circumstances require it, seat you in alternative seats at an Event to those specified on your ticket or tickets. In such cases we will try to ensure that these are to seats of an equal or greater value. However, if this is not possible and we relocate you to seats at an Event of a lesser value to those on your ticket or tickets, we will give you a refund of the difference in the cost between the ticketed seat and the alternative seat.
- You must pay us the price of the ticket or tickets ordered by you together with any applicable fees as advised at the time of booking the ticket or tickets for the Event.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking unless you are a group booker as nominated by us and approved to make delayed payment, or delayed payment is offered by us to you under a subscription service or similar.
- Payments can be made as follows:
- in cash at the Civic Theatre ticket office,
- where you have received an invoice (such as for group bookings) – by cheque or direct deposit in accordance with the terms of the invoice, or
- using the following credit and debit cards at the point of booking the ticket or tickets for the Event: Visa, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, American Express, Diners and by EFTPOS
- Payment by cheque is not counted as received until cheques are cleared. This may take several days and id dependent on the bank. Cheques must be made payable to City of Newcastle.
- You must first register as a group booker. Once registered, you may reserve tickets of 10 or more for any single performance and pay by the date advised. Tickets are immediately taken off reserve if payment is not received by this deadline.
- You must notify the ticket office if you require an invoice.
DELIVERY and collection OPTIONS
- Tickets may be:
- collected in person from our ticket office from the day following purchase,
- mailed to you if the date of purchase is at least 22 days from the date of Event. There is an additional fee payable by you for this option and we do not guarantee delivery by post or accept any liability for tickets that are not delivered,
- sent by email (which is the preferred option), an electronic copy of the ticket or tickets can be added to your Apple wallet, printed at home and the printed copy shown at the venue or you can just show the order on your mobile phone at the venue, or
- collected from the venue from one hour prior to show commencing - you should arrive no later than 30 minutes before show start time.
- For collection of tickets - you must present the debit/credit card used to purchase the ticket, identification to confirm that you are the identified purchaser, and proof you are entitled to any discount or concession you have claimed on the ticket price.
- We will not release any tickets until full payment is received.
- If a ticket is lost and reissued, it will be held at our ticket office for collection on the day of the Event.
- We reserve the right to delay sending the tickets or require you to collect tickets from the ticket office if:
- they are for an Event where we reasonably consider there is a risk of tickets being illegally resold for profit or commercial gain; or
- where proof of identity and/or entitlement to concessionary rates is required.